🌹 Tribute to Mariazell Gunatilleke 🌹 Today I pause to honour the memory of the late Mariazell Gunatilleke , a beloved Sinhala pop artist of our generation. Her unforgettable hit “Kandy Lamissi” was always on our lips, a song that carried joy and rhythm into everyday life. My first personal encounter with her was about twelve years ago at a Sri Lanka Air Force Anniversary Christian Service , where she sang with grace and power. From that day, I discovered that Mariazell was not only a voice for lively baila songs, but also a soul who poured herself into spiritual and devotional music . Those songs touched hearts deeply and inspired many. She was even invited as a guest artist at the Christmas Programme of the President’s House , a testimony to her wide recognition and the respect she commanded. The last time I met her was in December 2025 at the Winsetha Hospital Christmas event in Punchi Borella , where I shared a Christmas message and she entertained the staff with her...
Popular posts from this blog
Friday, August 13th
In 1993, 32 years ago on Friday, August 13th, I understood the depth of God's call to Abram (Abraham). The call, "Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you," was a command to leave his comfort zone in obedience to God. Having been released by the Methodist Conference in 1984 to serve full time at Dev Suwa Sevawa, an institute founded by my late father for the ministry of healing, I intended to serve in the same place, comfort zone, for the rest of my life. A released minister in the Methodist Church means the person is full time committed to the work in the institute he serves; he is not appointed by the Methodist Conference to be in any committees; he is not appointed to hold any office in the administrative structures of the church; he is not transferable to any Circuits for pastoral work. In 1989 and 1990, I followed the Clinical Pastoral Education courses (Basic and Advanced Units) at Auckland Public Hospital and North...
🪔✨🌟 A New Chapter for Methodist College 🌟✨🪔
On Saturday, 3rd January at 8.30 a.m., Ms. Devshani Samaranayake, an outstanding past student of Methodist College Colombo, was joyfully inducted as the 15th Principal of Methodist College, Kollupitiya. The induction service was led by Rev. Kingsley Weerasinghe, President Bishop of the Methodist Church Sri Lanka, together with Rev. S.S. Terrance (Secretary of Conference), Rev. Asiri P. Perera (Retired President Bishop), and Rev. Vasana Fernando (Chaplain). Methodist College holds a unique place in history as the only girls’ school retained by the Methodist Church when 177 schools were taken over by the Government in 1962. ✨ Devshani’s Journey of Excellence • During her school years, she excelled in both academics and sports, learning discipline, balance, and commitment. • Spiritually nurtured through morning prayers and the Student Christian Movement, she continues to inspire students to discover God’s love in every situation. • She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, a...
Comments
Post a Comment